Sunday, January 28, 2007

Kaua'i, Wrapping it Up ...

I didn't get a chance to blog the events of Friday and Saturday; here is the short, short version.

On Friday Jenny had to go back to work because they were going to retry the mission from Thursday night. Before she left, though, we were able to call AA and change my flight to leave on Saturday instead of Friday, which was cool. I called up Hertz and found out that I didn't have to do anything special to keep my car for one extra day, and that was pretty cool too. Jenny and I had a nice lunch at a place called Tropical Burger, where I tried a Hawaiian special guava burger. Nowhere else would I eat a burger with a healthy dose of purpleish-pinkish goo on top, but it was very tasty. Afterwards, I lounged around the condo for a while because I was pretty "beached out". (Seriously, did I just say that?) Instead of hitting the waves, I drove around and did some shopping.

Later that night, I headed back to the beach on the west coast to watch and see if our missile was going to fly. After some waiting, and annoyance at a gigantic cruise ship that happened to sail through the range right around launch time, we indeed flew and did pretty well.

I was set to leave on Saturday around 12:45 pm so Jenny and packed up and we hit a great place called the Beach Hut, which sat on the bay where the cruise ships come into port. Jenny drove me to the airport and after a long good-bye, I boarded my plane and started the long journey home. The flights were good, but long and I am happy to be home.

The End...

No comments: